By Guy Aston, Business Director, Mid-Corporate solutions, Huthwaite International
In this phase of the cycle the customer becomes aware of rising needs. Early on they are presented as problems, and dissatisfactions with the current situation, e.g.
“Since we won that new contract we’re struggling to cope with the increased demand”.
As buyers progress through the phase these needs develop and eventually are firmed up into a clear want or desire, e.g. “We really must increase our production capacity”.
As the needs develop they are influenced by many factors from; the customer's previous experiences, through to advice from both you and your competitors.
The key questions the customer is asking are “Should we change and is it worth changing?”
At this stage, world-class sales organisations will be:
• being proactive and seeking opportunities triggered by changes over time
• working with the customer to uncover and develop the needs
• influencing the needs so they are most closely matched by their solutions
• building value for their key differentiators
• creating competitive differentiation
• ensuring their key unique selling points are translated into decision criteria in any ensuing specification.
At this stage, typical sales organisations will be:
• limiting contact to routine meetings or service fulfillment meetings (with existing customers)
• having no contact at all (with potential customers)
• focusing entirely on more developed sales opportunities that are further around the Buying Cycle
• waiting for inbound enquiries.
We’re sales training experts who can help you improve the sales performance of your business. For over 30 years we’ve been helping businesses across the world transform their sales performance; delivering long-term, tangible results through our behavioural change methodologies. Find out more at: www.huthwaite.co.uk
Guy Aston will be speaking at Fresh Business Thinking LIVE!, giving advice on how to win deals in the new financial climate and telling you what the sales & negotiation strategies for success are.
Register now for £95 quoting FreshAugust- Book before 31st August and save £100!
If you own or run a business then you have to wear many hats and you need access to the very best advice and information to ensure business survival and growth.
Imagine if for one-day you could have access to all the expertise normally reserved for big businesses.
Experts in; Raising finance, Employment Law, Internet Marketing, Sales, Technology and much more.
It would be like an MBA in one day!
When you attend this ultimate business event, you'll join hundreds of fellow entrepreneurs for one day of hands-on training, practical research, proven case studies and expert panels.
Join us on