Our efforts began to pay-off relatively quickly as we rose through the Google rankings and by Feb 2017 we are not just number one in Google (which changes day by day clearly so you can never sit back), but also number two and the first image listing in Google, maximising our on-page real estate. We are also #2 for the more competitive phrase “garden basements”.
Here are some more of the key performance indicator results:
- Sessions for our under garden basement landing page have gone from an average of 2 per day to over 40 per day
- Conversion rate of 7.2% for downloading our Under Garden Basement guide
- Over 120 inbound leads generated
- Over 2,500 LinkedIn views of my recent post on this achievement as opposed to circa 500 views for most of my LinkedIn posts
We haven’t hit our primary objective yet (winning 6 new basement projects), however, we have improved significantly our profile and lead generation for under garden basements (which has also had a knock-on effect on our overall brand awareness). The next stage is to:
- Focus more specifically on the ideal target customer
- Trial other digital channels such as Facebook Ads and outbound email campaigns
- Tweak landing page content and layouts to maximise conversions
- Like all growth initiatives, start with defining clearly your business objectives and strategy
- Engage the right experts that can bring insight, experience and measurement tools in order to accelerate the achievement of your goals
- Keep refining until you hit the target you set out to achieve
Mike Lander, Director and co-founder of www.ensoul.co.uk , business consultant and writer.