Better2Know is the worlds largest private provider of sexual health testing services. It was founded in 2011 by Michael Asher and Anthea Morris in the UK, and now a multi award winning company helping patients in over 20 countries across the world.
Better2Know was started to provide a more bespoke confidential testing service in the UK for those who did not want to attend the NHS public service. Michael and Anthea have successfully replicated the model overseas. When a patient is worried about their sexual health, Better2Know will put their arms around them and help them to get the results they need.
Mike and Anthea have looked at how Better2Know add value to the patient at every step of the patient journey from finding information on the Better2Know website, contacting Better2Know (this now includes Web Chat and Whats App), booking their appointment, attending their appointment and getting their results.
Year Established - 2011
Awards & Accolades:
- GBEA Winner Service Industry 2019
- BIBAS Small Business of the Year (2018)
- Medilink Skills Award
- GBEA Regional Finalist 2018 and 2019
- FL Finalist 2019
- Rural Business Awards Finalists 2019
- One to Watch European Business 2019
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year Regional Finalist 2019
- Institute of Directors Director of the Year Awards 2019 Highly Commended
Better2Know is an award winning global provider of sexual health testing services.
More about Better2Know:
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
Better2Know has developed a CSR Strategy to complement its service. They recognise that the Better2Know service is not for everyone and some people may not be able to afford it, and so they work with leading sexual health charities and the NHS. Anthea is the Treasurer of the FPA Charity, and a member of Governing Body for an NHS CCG. Committed to giving back to its community, Better2Know’s CSR programme includes:
- Locally – Doing a team walk for Age Concern Lancashire
- Nationally – Working with National HIV and Sexual Health Charities throughout the year, and a specific campaign for World AIDS Day
- Internationally – Supporting Starfish with fund raising activities
This year, Better2Know are running an entrepreneurial initiative for the team: they have been divided into teams of five, each team has been asked to think of a new way to grow the business. The teams have the freedom to do whatever they, with regular reporting to the founders. There is a significant team financial incentive for success. Proposed ideas include: new ways to reach the market, corporate testing and enhanced PR activity. When any idea is successful, the founders will develop a more formal role to manage the activity which would be done by promoting the team members. This empowers the team and allows them to grow and reach their potential.