By Bob Northgate
Firms that begin to export boost their business productivity by up to a third in the first year.
Why should I be thinking about exporting?
There are many benefits to exporting including:
• economies of scale in production
• increased revenue and profit
• boosting your business productivity
• spreading the risk base of your business
• learning about the wider competition
• developing new product ideas
Developing new markets is just as important as developing new products.
Growing businesses know they will need to trade internationally to succeed.
• UK goods and services are in high demand globally
• Sterling is currently very competitive against the dollar and Euro
• Internationally-trading companies grow faster and last longer.
However businesses feel a lack of information prevents them from expanding into international markets.