By Daniel Hunter
Britain’s boardrooms would change from ‘male and pale’ if more would-be leaders learnt to develop the skill of gravitas, according to author and leadership communications coach, Antoinette Dale Henderson.
“Women, younger people and people from ethnic minorities often face particular challenges in tackling misconceptions about gravitas needed for the boardroom and that needs to stop," Ms Dale Henderson said.
"Gravitas is not an inherent trait — but it is an essential skill for successful leaders. My aim is to turn the old-school image of gravitas on its head and demonstrate that it’s a skill that can be developed by anyone who wants to fulfil their potential as a manager or leader."
'Leading with Gravitas' is based on research conducted with a broad range of leaders including politicians, business and community executives, small business owners and entrepreneurs.FIFA Ultimate Team Coins Ms Dale Henderson is encouraging women to develop their own gravitas and leadership style through practical exercise and tools which allow them to:
- Gain a clear understanding of the vital components of gravitas — how they currently perform and what they can do to improve
- Increase awareness of their unique expertise and qualities as an authentic leader
- Access a range of powerful techniques to help communicate and present with impact
- Enhance their confidence, influence and ability to inspire others and deliver results
- Harness their passion and individuality to maximise leadership presence and project their best self.