By Daniel Hunter
Every employees wants to have the dream boss. And every boss wants to be the dream boss. But what exactly does one look like?
According to research from MobileSlots.com, giving staff their birthday off and stocking the vending machine with free treats are two of the things that make someone a dream boss.
Focus groups of office workers found that giving their birthday off would be the number one thing towards making someone the perfect boss. Allowing staff to leave early on a Friday and a free gym membership made up the top three.
But a number of things on the list actually take place outside the office. A team spa day, tickets to sporting or music events, a decent Christmas party, buying the team a drink on Friday, cocktail masterclasses and company cars all feature in the top 25.
Here's the full list:
1. Giving birthdays off
2. Leaving early on a Friday
3. A free gym membership
4. A constant supply of office sweets
5. Vending machines with free drinks and snacks
6. Team spa day
7. Extra training courses
8. A voucher on your birthday
9. Time off around Christmas
10. Treating the team to lunch
11. Tickets to see sports
12. A decent Christmas party
13. Buying the team a round on a Friday
14. Taking employees on a cocktail masterclass
15. Bringing in donuts
16. Providing a fancy coffee maker
17. A weekly fruit delivery
18. Not banning social media
19. Free magazines
20. Brand new company cars
21. Smartphones all round
22. Provides a nap room
23. Yoga breaks
24. A year of paid parental leave for new mums and dads
25. Allowing flexible working hours and letting people work from home