By Daniel Hunter
Wayne Rooney's horse, Switcharooney, can batter the bookies just like his owner say Ladbrokes.
The bookies are offering odds of 4/1 that the horse wins its first race, regardless of where it takes place and also quote 16/1 that Rooney’s horse beats another owned by his colleague or boss into second place in any race this year.
Rooney is also 50/1 to emulate Michael Owen with a Royal Ascot winner this year and should the horse prove to be a hit the firm will surely have to slash the current odds of 100/1 that he’s paraded round Old Trafford before any game.
Rooney is 10/1 to be spotted riding his horse and should his foray into the equine world pay off he’s only 6/1 to take out a trainers licence.
“Rooney’s goals always cost us a fortune. We’re sure the horse will be no different and a big-race win this summer will leave punters in the pink," Alex Donohue of Ladbrokes said.
“It’s a great move for the sport and each payout will be worth every penny.”
Ladbrokes latest betting
- To win first time out — 4/1
- To beat a horse owned by Michael Owen or Sir Alex Ferguson into second this year — 16/1
- To win at Royal Ascot this year — 50/1
- Wayne Rooney to score and reveal a t shirt with a picture of the horse this season — 25/1
- Pictures to be published of Wayne Rooney riding Switcharooney this year — 10/1
- Wayne Rooney to take out a trainers licence before 2050 — 6/1
- Wayne Rooney to parade the horse at Old Trafford at any time this year — 100/1
- Switcharooney to have a hair transplant at any time — 250/1
Join us on