How much do you know about employers’ obligation for employment and safety? Take the Croner quiz to find out!
1. Recruitment, if my recruitment selection is unfair I can be taken to tribunal?
2. Unfair dismissal, what is the maximum award?
3. Health and Safety at work Act 1974, Duties of employers are:
a) To provide provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work that are, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health.
b) So far as is reasonably practicable to ensure the microwave has a tick box for weekly cleaning schedule
c) Provision for fresh fruit and healthy meals in the workplace
4. RIDDOR stands for:
a) The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences
b) The Responsible Director Descriptions for Operating Regulations
c) The Real Informative Daily Directory of Rules
5. Equal pay means that;
a) All staff are paid the same amount
b) New starters will be paid the same as long serving staff
c) Men and women doing the same job are entitled to the same pay
6. Directive for working time is how many hours per week?
a) 40 hours
b) 48 hours
c) 60 hours
7. An employee has a right to be accompanied at a disciplinary or grievance hearing by:
a) a colleague, a trade union representative or a trade union official of their choice
b) a colleague or, if I recognise a trade union, that union’s representative or official
c) a colleague, family member or a trade union representative or official of their choice
d) their pet
8. At what stage of employment should an employee receive a contract of employment?
a) With their first wage slip
b) Its not required
c) With their P45
d) After 8 weeks
9. Employees who must be considered for flexible work are:
a) parents of children aged 16 or under (18 if disabled) and carers
b) parents of children aged 18 or under and carers
c) parents of children aged 6 or under (18 if disabled) and carers
d) parents of children aged 5 or under (18 if disabled) and carers
10. Croner is a leading provider of which types of HR solutions?
d) Employment Tribunal Representation
e) All of the above
1 — a
2 — b
3 — a
4 — a
5 — c
6 — b
7 — a
8 — d
9 — a
10 — e
So how did you do?
Join us on