By Guy Aston, Business Director, Mid-Corporate solutions, Huthwaite International
After the decision is made the new solution must be installed. This is the phase of least sales activity, however top-class sales organisations will still be active.
At this stage, world-class sales organisations will be:
• Reinforcing decision guidelines where you are strong — to protect the account from competitive attack
• Pointing out additional aspects of the solution the customer is unaware they may be getting
• Staying close to the service/fulfillment operation to spot difficulties and/or new opportunities early
• Timing contact to handle the motivation dip — the inevitable point when the customers’ enthusiasm for the project runs out
• Capturing and reporting successes
• Asking for referrals
• Proactive seeking the next sales opportunity.
At this stage, typical sales organisations will be:
• Moving on to the next prospect.
If all has gone well, the customer now moves into Changes Over Time, where they may stay for months, years or even decades until a change occurs which begins to move them through the Buying Cycle yet again.
Find out more at www.huthwaite.co.uk
We’re sales training experts who can help you improve the sales performance of your business. For over 30 years we’ve been helping businesses across the world transform their sales performance; delivering long-term, tangible results through our behavioural change methodologies. Find out more at: www.huthwaite.co.uk
Join us on