By Daniel Hunter
The government has "named and shamed" five employers who have failed to pay their staff the national minimum wage.
The offenders are:
- Peter Oakes of Peter Oakes Ltd, Macclesfield, who failed to pay £3,619.70 to two workers.
- Lisa Maria Cathcart of Salon Sienna, Manchester, who failed to pay £1,760.48 to a worker.
- Mohammed Yamin of Minto Guest House, Edinburgh, who failed to pay £808.56 to a worker.
- Anne Henderson of Chambers Hairdressers, Middlesbrough who failed to pay £452.22 to a worker.
- Ruzi Ruzyyev, a car wash operator in Carmarthen who failed to pay £225.38 to a worker.
This is just the second time that employees have been publicly named for failing to pay minimum wage. New rules were introduced in October, allowing the government to do so.
New sanctions coming into force from 7 March will allow the government to fine each rogue employee £20,000 per employee they fail to pay the minimum wage.
Join us on