By Lucy Cohen, co-founder Mazuma
During this time of crisis, it’s amazing to see how businesses are using innovative ways to keep their business thriving and provide other alternatives for their customers to access their services.
We thought this would be a great opportunity to share some of these stories. So, we asked our clients in the small business community to use the hashtag #lockdownlevelup to let us know what their businesses are doing to adapt - and the responses were great!
Ranging from a PT providing training online, to providing useful content for other small businesses to use, our clients really are pulling it out of the bag. There’s nothing like a difficult situation to bring the best out of people.
We’ve collated all of our responses below so you can feel inspired - and who knows, it might even spark an idea for you to implement in your business!
Our small business heroes
- Art of Balanced Life - Ayanna, owner of Art of Balanced Life, offers holistic therapies and workshops.. Following the advice to stay at home, Ayanna has recently moved her business online! She is now providing virtual wellbeing advice and sessions for people - head over to her Facebook to see her timetable.
- Ouma Group - Rachel from Ouma Group, a marketing agency based in South Wales, has written this useful post about home working tools. Give it a read to see if there are any collaboration tools you could be missing out on!
- Can Do Hub - Can Do Hub offers inclusive fitness classes, ALN specific classes and a day provision catering for adults with additional learning needs in Swansea. Founder, Programme Director and Award Winning Fitness Instructor Sam Nicholson is providing online sessions for clients. Each day she will be adding a free activity for ALN families and anyone who else wants to join in! Head over to their website to see the full timetable.
- No acres - Hannah Bote's company - No Acres - grows fresh microgreens and their core business has been wiped out due to national restaurant closures. So, they have joined with their local community and now are selling to the public instead!
- Ryan Griffiths Coaching - Ryan from @ryangcoaching is offering free online workouts and support with nutrition for those whose gyms have temporarily closed during the outbreak. Workouts will be with your own bodyweight and everyday items! Head over to his Facebook page to get involved.
- Cora Darlington - Cora Darlington is a specialist with over 20 years of experience in coaching and mentoring women to take their self-care, joy and effectiveness to a whole new level. In the current situation, she is planning x sitting down with family and planning. She has signed up to live stream yoga and Gaia to make sure that she is taking in content other than mainstream media. You can read more about how to plan and resource yourself effectively on her blog.
- The Body Organic - Susie Johsnton, owner of The Body Organic, is providing yoga videos and some individual video calls to clients with self help advice for stretching, partner massage, and more! Visit their Facebook page for more information.
- KCM Fitness - Katie from KCM Fitness is a PT offering online home training - and looking at creating an online members site! Read more about her online service on her website.
- Get Gorgeous Beauty and Training - Michelle Collins from Get Gorgeous Beauty and Training is offering postponed dates and online tutorials as well as vouchers for use at a later date and online home beauty hacks! Head over to the Get Gorgeous Facebook page and Michelle’s Spa Beauty Training Facebook page to have a look for yourself.
What about Mazuma?How could we forget ourselves?! The Mazuma team is working remotely at the moment, ensuring that we keep things running smoothly for all our clients during this uncertain time.
Your accounts might feel like the last thing you want to be thinking about right now, but it’s super important that you keep on top of your finances during this uncertain time. If you want to take a weight off your shoulder, get in touch with Mazuma to see how we can help.