Many organisations recognise the benefit of developing their people in a bid to meet their strategic and operational objectives. Investment in training and development can provide a cost-effective and efficient way of driving the growth and development of employees, so they are better placed to have a positive impact on organisational performance and success.
However, if businesses are to realise the true value of their investment they and their employees must approach the learning and development process in a positive way.
Here are my five tips for maximising impact from training and development programmes:
- Have clear organisational goals in mind for training
- Ask your team to think about what they want from the training
- Evaluate behaviours and attitudes before and after training
- Aim to foster personal and professional development
- Ensure your employees are consistently engaged
By Matthew Channell, operations director at TSW Training