By Maximilian Clarke
Cherrygood, a rapidly-growin London business, are adding to their product line to meet soaring demand in generated by recent press coverage about the health benefits unique to cherryjuice.
The new variant is the latest addition to the Cherrygood family and is the first to be found in the chilled aisle. It is packed with the juice of more than 200 cherries, tastes delicious and counts as one of your Five-A-Day.
Cherrygood Premium Cherry is 100% natural with no additives, preservatives or added sugar.
There are now three drinks in the range — Cherrygood Premium Cherry, Cherrygood Original and Cherrygood Light. Cherrygood Original and Light both cost £1.50 and are available in all major supermarkets.
“We asked our customers what they wanted and they asked for a chilled version of Cherrygood packed with even more cherry juice,” said John Heseltine, Cherrygood Founder.
“Montmorency tart cherries are regularly in the news because of their amazing health benefits and we are delighted to give our customers a range of great all-round family juices for breakfast and mealtimes. We hope people enjoy the new flavour and its contribution to their health and well-being.”
Montmorency cherries are one of nature’s rich sources of powerful antioxidants. Drinking Cherrygood may help ease the pain of arthritis, gout, reduce risk factors for heart disease and diabetes. Additionally, cherries contain melatonin, which has been found to help regulate the body’s natural sleep patterns, aid with jet lag, prevent memory loss and delay the ageing process.
Sales of Cherrygood have more than doubled during the past few months after research revealed the health benefits of Montmorency cherries.
The team at London-based Cherrygood has been working round the clock to ensure the nation’s supermarkets and other stockists can replenish supplies as quickly as they are selling out.
Northumbria University research revealed that volunteers who drank tart Montmorency cherry juice received a significant boost to their levels of melatonin, the hormone that regulates sleep. On average, their total sleep time increased by 25 minutes and their "sleep efficiency", a global measure of sleep quality, increased by five to six per cent.
Fans of Cherrygood include Elton John, who recently requested Cherrygood at his annual Winter Ball to help create the ‘Red Carpet’ signature cocktail inspired by legendary shoe designer Christian Louboutin.
• A glass of tart cherry juice contains more antioxidants than five portions of banana, tomatoes, watermelon, peas and carrots. Antioxidants are vital to helping the body to fight free radicals.
• Cherries contain 19 times more beta-carotene than blueberries or strawberries along with Vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, iron and folate.
• Maintaining antioxidant levels boosts the cardiovascular system and the immune system as well as helping to slow the ageing process.
• Anti-inflammatory properties — tart cherries have been shown to significantly reduce muscle pain following rigorous exercise
• Sleep benefits — tart cherries are one of the very few known food sources of melatonin, crucial to the maintenance of regular sleep patterns
• Skin booster — cherry juice is rich in vitamin A and its antibacterial properties remove toxins from the blood and fight bacteria trapped under the skin
• Reduce gout — cherry juice is well known for its ability to help lower blood uric-acid levels and reduce gout pain
• Heart friendly - emerging studies suggest tart Montmorency cherries may also offer protection against heart disease.
Join us on