By Maximilian Clarke
Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), providers of 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced that Cessna Aircraft Company- one of the world’s leading general aviation companies- has selected its Version 6 solutions to accelerate the introduction of new products, lower development costs and reduce time to certification.
A longtime user of Dassault Systèmes’ 3D virtual product design solution, CATIA, and ENOVIA, its collaborative innovation platform, Cessna has chosen to migrate to Version 6 of both solutions, while adding DELMIA for digital manufacturing to better manage additional phases of the product lifecycle.
“For years, Dassault Systèmes has aided us in remaining at the forefront of innovation in the aviation industry. Migrating to Version 6 is an important step in helping us maintain a competitive edge,” said Bob King, vice president and chief information officer at Cessna. “Changing the solutions on which our products are built is not a decision we make lightly.”
By upgrading ENOVIA and CATIA solutions to Version 6, and adding DELMIA, Cessna will accelerate its time-to-market and drive cost efficiencies by being able to:
• Drive collaborative innovation worldwide with an open, scalable and Web-based platform;
• Analyse and validate manufacturing processes to identify potential issues early;
• Generate visual, 3D manufacturing work instructions;
• Implement graphical, model-based, manufacturing process planning; and
• Provide change management and configuration control workflows between engineering and manufacturing.
“Cessna’s migration to Version 6 is a great illustration of the broad-based growth Dassault Systèmes is experiencing in many different industries, and we’re excited to be extending our long-standing relationship,” said Al Bunshaft, managing director, North America, Dassault Systèmes.
Join us on