By Daniel Hunter
From the FTSE 100 to football’s Premier League and many other organisations, BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 is being embraced by enterprises across the UK.
BlackBerry this week announced that 34 of the FTSE 100 companies have already installed BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, BlackBerry’s enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution, for either commercial or test purposes.
Reflecting the clear need for companies to have a cross platform EMM solution that delivers a strong level of security, control and management at the device and app level, the uptake amongst the UK’s largest companies follows the response in North America, where the majority of Fortune 500 companies have BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.
In addition, with major UK carriers Vodafone, EE and O2 now supporting BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, many organisations across both the public and private sector are also making the move to the new BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 EMM solution:
· Rocco Forte, a luxury hotel group, is using Secure Work Space for iOS and Android to manage 60 tablets deployed to enable employees to access business-critical apps and information on-the-go. In addition, the company has deployed 200 new BlackBerry 10 smartphones. With BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and Secure Work Space, the company is now able to simply and securely manage all devices in the organisation.
· Clyde & Co., a global law firm with over 1,400 employees, has deployed BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and plans to migrate its existing 1,200 BlackBerry smartphone users to BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
· The Premier League, the organizing body for the Barclays Premier League, is using BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to manage its existing portfolio of BlackBerry smartphones, as well as a number of iOS devices. An additional 60 BlackBerry Q10 smartphones are also being rolled out across the organisation.
· Hogg Robinson, an international corporate services provider specialising in travel, expense and data management has deployed BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to manage its existing suite of 800 BlackBerry smartphones, which now also includes newly deployed BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 smartphones.
· Public sector body NHS Education Scotland, a health board responsible for developing and delivering education and training to NHS Scotland employees, has deployed BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and begun the rollout of 200 BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
In the May 2013 Forrester Research, Inc. report entitled: “Build A Road Map For Workforce Computing”, Christian Kane wrote about the ever-growing need for an EMM platform in a mixed device environment. “To support the increasing diversity of mobile devices and platforms, Infrastructure & Operations pros are investing heavily in management solutions to monitor and secure devices across a broad ecosystem of operating systems and form factors. These solutions allow IT to proactively support multiple platforms and device types, extend management and security policies to both corporate-liable and employee-owned devices, and automate service desk support.”*
“BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 is a multi-platform mobile solution that can securely manage and control an organisation’s mobile fleet, irrespective of device or platform,” said Stephen Bates, Head of the Enterprise Business Unit at BlackBerry. “As more organisations are pressured to provide employees with various mobile device options, it becomes even more critical to have a simple-to-use EMM solution that can secure any device, including BlackBerry, iOS and Android.”
Digital Marketing moves at lightening pace and marketers need access to the latest information and advice - a new event – The Digital Marketing Show is taking place in Excel, London in November - visit www.digitalmarketingshow.co.uk
Join us on