By Lea Pachta
Business Link is helping businesses to understand how the postal strike could impact on them, and is offering practical advice on contingency planning.
The Business Link website has just launched a dedicated webpage with ideas on what businesses can do to mitigate any disruptions to their operations. Businesses are encouraged to check this webpage at for practical tips and links to other sources of useful information.
If you do need to use the Royal Mail during the strike, Business Link suggests that you consider:
• contacting your customers to let them know that their goods may be delayed
• taking outgoing mail to a Post Office as it is more likely to be collected there than from a post box
• sending post by Special Delivery or by courier — but check with Post Office staff that these services are running
• using alternative businesses to deliver items to customers
• paying bills online or at banks, building societies and Post Offices as late payment may result in interest charges or penalties.