Take Your Search Marketing To The Next Level With Social Media Monitoring
By Sonja Keerly, Product Marketing, SDL (formerly Alterian)
Making your website and PPC more effective. In the digital age, it’s now even easier to connect with your potential customers. How?
We know your consumers are already searching for your products and services... But can they find you?
What if you could ensure that you’re using words and phrases that your customers are searching for?
What if you could know what words or phrases connect with your competitors?
Social Media Monitoring (SMM) can be a powerful supplementary tool to Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for getting your web site ranked and found by your target audience.
...Media Monitoring Identifies Keywords
Boost your SEO by choosing keywords that are being used by consumers when talking about your brand, industry and competitors.
Social media monitoring identifies optimal SEO keywords by brand, industry terms and competitors. Use it to analyse online conversations to create word clouds of the most popular terms.
- Use consumers own language to describe your products.
- Create suggestions for new keywords and longtail keywords.
- Identify keywords to use as metatags for customers in the very early stages of the buying process.
- Create targeted micro-sites for specific products/audiences.
Prove ROI (return on investment) as increased SEO means more people specifically interested in your product/resources will be exposed to your sales messaging.
2. Social Media Monitoring to Supplement Link Building Strategy
Search engines appreciate diversity in links and your audience appreciates relevance. A social media monitoring tool can help guarantee both.
- Build relationships with websites, social media networks and bloggers writing about your niche.
- Create links into your own site to gain authority with Search Engines.
3. Social Media Monitoring Augments Pay Per Click Campaigns
- Lower the cost of your PPC by using keyword research conducted through social media monitoring to create landing pages for your ads with higher relevancy.
Geo-targeting with... continued on page two >